We are so blessed to be surrounded by an amazing support system or "our people" as my mother-in-law likes to say. I may not have a lot of family close by but I have a whole village of people that love and support us through all that life throws at us. I truly hit the jackpot when I married Corey, I inherited this incredibly loving extended family that loves to love us and our children. We hope to build friendships that span for decades just as Emily and Joel (Corey's parents) have done. Friends that you mature with, raise your kids with and then enjoy being grandparents with ... generations of friends that make up an amazing village ... cuz we all know that it takes a village to raise a child!
Three of my nearest and dearest friends have been a part of my life since elementary and junior high school - Caroline, Sarah and Lisset. I can't express how much these girls mean to me, they each have their own special way of helping me keep it together when everything around me is falling apart. We were little girls that played together and now we have our own little girls that play together. (except for Sarah .... I think Wild Child Elijah officially scared any thought of having children out of her head!)
My hope is that my children will have lifelong friendship like I've had. Friends that are loving, supportive and positive influences in their lives as they mature and become who they are meant to be.
"A friend loves at all times"

No comments:
Post a Comment