Thursday, September 9, 2010

31 & 1 !!

Last night was Karina's Back to School night and a flood of memories came gushing through my mind ....
This time last year my sister Angie came over to watch Karina while we went to check out her new class, when we got home I noticed that I was having a lot of contractions. I kept saying, there's no way I can be in labor, it's too early! Since the next day was Corey's 30th birthday, he made me promise that I wouldn't go into labor until after his birthday so he wouldn't miss the Dave Matthews Concert.
Well I definately didn't live up to that promise ... Elijah was born ON his Daddy's birthday at 2:34pm.
By the way Elijah came into this world I should've known that he was going to be a handful!
So what is our little ONE year old up to?
* He started walking a few weeks ago and he's into everything!
* He says: DaDa, MaMa, BaBa, YaYa (Elijah??), Bob, Vroom (or something like it)
* He LOVES his big sissie! He follows her everywhere and wants whatever she has.
* He loves the water ... even when Daddy throws him way higher than Mommy would like
* Over the last month or so he's become very attached to a blanket that he's been dragging everywhere - very cute!!
* He discovered Elmo the other day and he thinks the little red guy is hilarious!
* He's ALL BOY!! Rough, tough, loud and full of more energy than I can comprehend.
* He loves attention from the ladies ... he has a smile that can make you melt (even after he pulls your hair & smacks you)
* He's Small Dark & Handsome - after only one summer, he's almost as dark as his Daddy.
* He eats almost anything (unlike his sister) and we are looking forward to transitioning him to milk and never buying formula again!
* He is overcome with joy if he gets his hands on the remote control ... such a man!
* He laughs if you tell him not to do something or if you say "ouch" when he pulls your hair or hits you.
* He only has 2 teeth on the bottom and his top 2 have been trying to break through for weeks.
* Did I mention he's a handful?!

Only a few more hours and we will be celebrating Corey's 31st and Elijah's 1st Birthday! Corey will get to keep his birthday (this year), we are going to a fancy dinner with our really good friends The Schulz and then we are having a picnic at a cute little park on Saturday to celebrate Elijah.
I am so excited to celebrate my two main men!

1 comment: