Last Thanksgiving we spent it, where else but NorCal with my family. The day after we went wine tasting at my cousin Sandee's house, there were too many of us crazy Indians to all go to the winery so she brought the winery to us! (actually we think that she didn't want all of us to embarrass her as we cruise up in an RV!) Well she was talking about the winery having a Summer Concert Series and how they have a different band playing each week at the amplitheatre and she wanted some ideas of who to try to book for summer 2010. They had some big names booked like Sugaland, Faith Hill, & Willie Nelson but she wanted some 80's & 90's bands so of course I screamed, "You HAVE to get REO Speedwagon, Journey or Air Supply", if you don't know "Keep on Lovin You" by REO is my all time favorite song and I make Corey sing it to me any time there is karaoke so I was dying to see them sing my favorite song in person! A few months later she emails me and says, "Guess who we got to come play ... REO SPEEDWAGON & PAT BENATAR!" OMG, are you kidding me!!! So that is how another one of our weekend trips up North came about. Corey couldn't go because of work so me, my sister Angie & the kids packed up the car and headed up for another fun weekend with the cousins! 9 of us went and Sandee had amazing seats for us, we were 5th row center and had VIP treatment all night ... no waiting in long bathroom lines for us!
Ironstone Amplitheatre is beautiful, a must see in Murphys, CA
Jakki, Me & Angie
REO Speedwagon! Ripped for an old guy!
Angie, Sandee, Me & Jakki ... crazy how much we look alike!
Me & My Bestie Cousin Jakki
Doug, Angie, Sandee, Me & Jakki
Doug pees as much as a pregnant woman so
he was REALLY happy with the passes!
The best concert souvenirs:
a REO thong & a guitar pick that Bryan caught
Bryan, Sandee, Jakki & I
Such a happy girl!
REO & Pat Benatar = Still Rockin!
The concert was way fun and I was with some of my favorite people (minus Corey), it was a much needed night out with NO KIDS!! My cousin Sherrell agreed to keep my 2 kids and Jakki's 4 for the night ... such a brave woman! All the kids had a great time EXCEPT for Elijah who screamed for 2 1/2 hours after I left ... can you say Separation Anxiety!! He was fine once I picked him up in the morning and thankfully there was no long term damage or need for therapy once we got back home!
Jakki and I are already begging for Sandee to work on getting another one of our favorite bands: the one and only NKOTB!! (that's New Kids on the Block for those uncool people that dont know)
No comments:
Post a Comment