Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Girls vs Boys

I would always hear, "every child is different, don't expect your second child to be the same as your first" and I always knew girls and boys were different but now having one of each of my very own ...... all I can say is WOW!!
Karina was a reallllly easy baby .... Elijah is giving us a run for our money, thank God we had Karina first!
Elijah is almost 11 months old and will be walking any second now! He's extremely busy, from the moment he wakes up, he does not stop moving. He loves to eat, he eats anything and everything and what ever you are eating, he wants a bite. Karina was and still is a picky eater, I had a tough time weaning her but Elijah took the bottle with no problems. He's all BOY! He's rough, loud and into everything. He laughs when I tell him not to climb grandma's stairs, he laughs when I scream because he's pulling my hair and he laughs when he makes his sister cry by catching her off guard and smacking her with a toy. I was so used to my little pretty princess who would sit contently on the floor surrounded by toys with a cartoon on while I washed the dishes. Not Elijah, he wants to be where the action is, even if the action is me just trying to go potty! He loves being outside so almost every afternoon we go outside, Karina cruises around on her scooter or in her Barbie Jeep while Elijah chases her in his Jeep (walker). He loves his Big Sissie and follows her everywhere, right now she thinks it's cute but we'll see how long that lasts!
Our main battle is SLEEP! Karina slept through the night by around 4 months, Elijah STILL doesn't sleep through the night. We've been trying everything, we are happy if he sleeps from 8pm-4am .... he wakes up hungry so I give him a bottle and he'll go back to sleep until after 6am which is fine with me. He was waking every 2-3 hours until the past month or so which had us frustrated and utterly exhausted. Thankfully Karina sleeps through his screaming and inconsistent sleep patterns, I can't imagine if I had to soothe two kids back to sleep in the middle of the night! We'll just see if that saying "tough baby, easy toddler" is true ....

1 comment: